If you have searched for “How to setup Tp-Link router”, let me tell you that TP-Link router setup is very easy and takes very less time to get installed because of its responsive web-based interface. TP-Link router comes with a responsive web interface which helps its users to set up their TP-Link wireless router without any hassle and the best part is that you don’t need to have an access to the Internet connection on your computer. You can set up your wireless router even without having an access to Internet connection but hardware connection is necessary for your physical devices. So now we will show you some easy steps for TP-Link router setup. We will try to show you the steps in a much easier way because this question “how to setup TP-Link router” arises among most of the people. Follow the steps given below:
- The connection between devices:
- This is the major stage in the set up of the router. You need to connect your TP-Link router with the cable modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug in one end of the Ethernet cable into the wireless router and another end into the cable modem.
- Now using another Ethernet cable, connect your wireless router with the computer.
- Plug in the Power adapters of your router and modem into the power outlet and press the Power button on both the devices to turn them On.
- Wait for few seconds before your router gets started and then connect your computer with the wireless network of TP-Link router.
Now that you have connected your devices with each other, we will proceed to the main step in the solution of the query “how to setup TP-Link router”.
- How to setup TP-Link router?
We will now show you how to log into your TP-Link wireless router and set it up. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
- To set up your TP-Link router, you will need to have an access to administrative rights of your wireless router and to access administrative rights, you will need to log into your wireless router.
- Launch a web browser and enter the default IP address of your TP-Link wireless router into the address bar and click Go.
NOTE: You can find the default IP address on the wireless card at the back of your router. This IP address will directly navigate you to the login page.
- Now, a small login window will pop up on your screen asking for login username and password. Enter “admin” as the default value in both the fields and click Login.
- If you can see TP-Link router home-page on your screen, it means you have successfully logged into the web-based interface of your router.
- Look for Quick Setup and click Get Started.
- Now, your router will detect Internet connection type. After that set up wireless security for your router.
Now, click Apply to save the settings and you will get a solution for “how to setup TP-Link router”.