TP-Link Router is one of the popular products manufactured by TP-Link which is providing best technology in the networking field. Its high speed internet sharing ability can fully meet the need of your home or small Office networks. You can securely connect your devices and keep their data safe with advanced features of TP-link router. With tplink guest wifi setup process, you would be able to access fast & stable network, quickly.
It featured with 802.11 ac wireless standard which takes its speed up to the gigabit level. It has three adjustable antennas that provide maximum coverage and dual- band at 2.4GHz and 5GHz which provide high data transfer rate.
In this article, we are going to discuss about ‘Wi-Fi guest network’ and tplink guest wifi setup.
What is the Wi-Fi Guest Network?
A Wireless Guest Network is a popular trend in today’s world that allows visitors, business associates, friends, or family to access your Wi-Fi connection without giving them direct access to your network.
TP-Link Wi-Fi router also has the guest access feature that allows you to create a separate network for your guests without allowing them to access your main network or you can also manage the router’s web-based interface. To configure your guest network settings for privacy and security, you need to create a guest network and do the tplink guest wifi setup by logging into the TP-Link router.
How to setup Guest Network of TP-Link Wi-Fi Router?
To setup the guest network of tp-link router, you need to first login to your router. Follow the steps to do the tplink guest wifi setup:
Step 1: First of all open the web browser and enter the web address tplinkwifi.net in browser’s address field.
Step 2: A login window appears in front of you, enter your user name and password and click ‘Login’.
Step 3: After your successful login, TP-Link’s web based setup page appears.
Step 4: Next, go to ‘Advanced’ option then click ‘Guest Network’ in the admin panel.
Step 5: Further, enter the required information in the given fields by selecting options that you want in your guest network like network band, SSID, set security and set password for your guest network.
- Network Band – Got to Wireless section, enables guest network and create a 2.4GHz or 5GHz guest network according to your needs.
- SSID – Customize the SSID once you enabled the guest network.
- Set Security – Set Security to WPA/WPA2-Personal.
- Set Password – Enter the wireless password in the given field.
Step 6: Next, click ‘Save’ button to save all the settings. Now your guests can access your guest network by using the user name and password you have set before.
How can you change the Settings of TP-Link Guest network?
There are two options in Guest Network settings of TP-Link router:
- See each other – Select this option if you want to allow your guests to communicate with each other which mean one guest can see the other guest that are connected to the same network through their device name.
- Access my local network – You can also select this option and allow your guest to access your local network. By this option, your guests would be able to communicate with the devices that are connected to the main network.
You have successfully completed the tplink guest wifi setup. If you want more details, you can contact our technical experts on our toll free number. Please share your suggestions or feedback. We will highly appreciate your feedback as it will help us becoming better at what we do.