As we all know, everything in this world needs to be updated and the same applies to wireless routers. If you don’t update TP-Link firmware version, you will face some minor issues and hence you won’t experience a hassle-free functionality. So it is important to update TP-Link firmware version so that minor bugs are fixed and functionality is enhanced. This article will get you a solution for your searched query “how to update my TP-Link router” as we will mention-below the process of TP-Link router firmware update.
TP-Link Router Firmware Update
You will get to know the solution for your query “how to update my TP-Link router”. We have mentioned below the steps to update TP-Link firmware version. Make sure you follow each of the steps carefully.
- First of all, you will need to download the firmware of the TP-Link router. For that, go to the official website of TP-Link router.
- Look for the option “update TP-Link firmware” on the web page and navigate to it.
- Enter the model number of your TP-Link wireless router into the search bar and download the firmware file to the desktop. The file extension would be in .zip format.
- After you have downloaded the firmware file of your router, you will need to extract the file before you update it to the router.
- Extract the downloaded file using file extractor or unzip software.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and go to the web-based interface of your TP-Link wireless router.
- You will see a small login window asking for router login credentials. Enter the login credentials and you will be logged into the TP-Link router setup page.
- After you see the TP-Link router setup page on your screen, look for the Admin tab and navigate to it.
- Now you will see TP-Link router firmware update option on the screen. Click it and you will see an update TP-Link firmware window on your screen.
- Upload the firmware file that you extracted previously and wait while your wireless router uploads the firmware version.
Now that you have uploaded the firmware file to the wireless router, wait while your router processes the file and updates the firmware version. The firmware version update may restore the factory default settings of your wireless router. If this happens, you will need to reconfigure your router. To reconfigure your router, go to the Quick Setup Wizard on the TP-Link router setup page.
So this was the process of TP-Link router firmware update. These were the basic steps to update TP-Link firmware version which will help you to experience the functionality enhancements and performance. We hope that you got the solution of your searched query “how to update my TP-Link router”. If you face an issue or difficulty while attempting to update TP-Link firmware version, call us on our Toll-Free number and our technicians will be more than happy to assist you.